If anyone is a fan of bananas, butter and brown sugar- like me, this video is just for you. You can top this compote with almost anything for dessert or breakfast. I topped some waffles with it because ya girl loves waffles. I had to share. Add a lil shot of something a little extra, if you’d like. 😉
- 4 TBSPS or 1/2 stick butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then halved
- shot of whiskey, bourbon, or dark rum
- a few tablespoons of heavy cream or half and half, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a pan or skillet.
- Place the pan over low-medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the banana slices in the pan and soften until they begin to brown.
- Carefully ignite the sauce with a long lighter [and stand back!]
- When the flames subside, add a few TBSPS of heavy cream or half and half to make the sauce a little creamier if you’d like (optional).
- Spoon the bananas and sauce out of the pan and place compote over waffles, ice cream, or dessert of choice.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy.