The star of the show on any holiday table usually involves some type of side dish…well at least in my world it does! Ya’ll this sweet potato casserole goes against and tops your mom’s-auntie’s-cousin’s-whoever! It’s THAT good. It’s buttery, warm, and literally addictive. You won’t be able to have just one serving. Follow along with my Youtube recipe video to see how I make one of my favorite holiday classics. Hope you love it just as much as I do.
(shoutout to Genius Kitchen for the inspiration from Ruth Chris)
- Brown Sugar Pecan Crust:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 3-4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (6-8 sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk or heavy cream
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, pecans and butter. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cooked sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Blend in evaporated milk or heavy cream to make smoother and fluffy.
- Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish or ramekins for individual servings.
- Sprinkle crust crumble on top of the sweet potato mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set for at least ten minutes before serving.