These pancakes…THESE PANCAKES. I don’t have the proper words…but they’re everything. We all know by now, lemon and blueberry go together so perfectly. But the Rose in the compote?! And the ricotta cheese in the batter…it’s insanely good. You have to make these for your weekend breakfast or brunch. They’ll be the star of the show.
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Lemon Zest
- Butter (for skillet)
- Blueberry Rose Compote:
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Rose wine, or Pink Moscato (yes, you can use water as a substitute if you don't want the wine)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add to wet ricotta mixture and combine. Be sure to avoid over-mixing.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Place a pat of butter or oil onto skillet and wait for it to sizzle. Pour batter in portions and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Blueberry Rose Compote: In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 1 cup of the blueberries, rose (or water), sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, or until blueberries begin to burst. Add more rose, if needed. Add the rest of the blueberries and cook for a few minutes more, stirring frequently. Serve warm over pancakes.