Let’s be real…homemade sweets are always a nice touch…but sometimes you just need a quick little something to come across as homemade. As much as I love making brownies from scratch, I do love a Ghirardelli boxed brownie. This recipe elevates just that.
There’s nothing that goes better together than red wine and chocolate. Red wine does such a great job at deepening that rich chocolate flavor that we all love so much…then again, I’m a fan of pretty much anything dark chocolate. These brownies are the perfect combination of both. If you’re looking to make something sweet for your sweetie, try out this super simple recipe using Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix. You can find it at your nearest grocery store in the baked goods aisle. [I got mine from Kroger on sale $10 for 10.]
In this brownie mix recipe, you substitute water for red wine. You can use any red wine… My personal favorite is Stella Rosa Black. It’s a Semi-Sweet Red Wine and IT IS EVERYTHING. I drink it glass by glass. It’s not as bitter as most red wines and it’s got some sweet hints to it. You’ll thank me later for this recommendation I’m sure.
- 1 box your favorite brownie mix [My fave is Ghirardelli]
- Ingredients brownie mix calls for, minus the oil (eggs, water)
- Red wine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the brownie mix according to the directions on the box, substituting the amount of oil called for with the same amount of wine.
- Bake the brownies according to the directions on the box, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After the brownies cool completely, sprinkle powdered sugar on top.