Milk Bread French Toast w/ Emergency Brown Sugar Syrup
Loaf of Milk Bread, or other bread, thickly sliced
2 Eggs, cracked
1 cup Half and Half
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 TBSP Cinnamon
1/4 Brown Sugar
1 TBSP Flour
1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
Brown Sugar Syrup:
1 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Sugar
2-3 TBSP Butter, Salted
Splash of Vanilla
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, sugar, cinnamon, brown sugar, flour and vanilla extract. Whisk very well.
- In a large skillet over low-medium heat, heat a few TBSPs of oil.
- Dip and soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture, and then place in the skillet. Cook the slices of bread on each side until golden brown.
- Bake in oven on 350F for 5-8 Minutes, or softly firm to the touch.
- Bring water, sugars, and butter to a simmer until dissolved and slightly thickened. Serve warm.