This recipe is one of my favorite ways to make salmon…it’s so simple and gooodd. It’s the perfect taste of sweet and savory. [I love salmon so maybe I’m biased]. I cook this often for my family and friends and they are absolutely obsessed with it. Hope you will be too.
- 4 salmon filets, skinless and boneless
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp seasonings of your choice, optional
- 1 tsp olive, grapeseed, or avocado oil
- 1 TBSP butter, optional
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 TBSP honey, good honey if you can
- 3 TBSP lemon juice , fresh
- Mix together honey, lemon juice, and garlic in small bowl.
- Season salmon with seasonings.
- Place oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the salmon (top side goes down first).
Cook salmon for 3-4 minutes without moving. (This helps with that beautiful brown crust that you’ll see starting to form). When crusted, turn and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
Add honey lemon mixture on top of salmon and begin to baste with spoon in the pan. This ensures that the flavor is getting into the salmon skin.
Simmer for one minute – the mixture will start to bubble and turn golden. Add butter to pan, if using. Taste the sauce – adjust salt, pepper and lemon to taste.
Continuously coat salmon in sauce, then remove from heat immediately. Place salmon on plates and drizzle over sauce. Garnish with parsley and fresh lemon, if desired.