French breakfast bread pudding
BREAD. PUDDING. my favorite. This recipe is in partnership with
@stpierrebakeryus , using their Brioche Slider Rolls, which are
absolutely bomb for a bread pudding. I like to keep things simple with
blueberries and spices, but you can add almost really anything
into the custard. To note: for a sweeter bread pudding, add in more maple
syrup to your taste.
3 large eggs
3 cups half-and-half
1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup [add more or less depending on how sweet you like]
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup blueberries [or other fruit of choice]
St. Pierre Brioche Slider Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs completely, then add in half-and-half, syrup, vanilla, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- Slice or tear slider rolls into pieces. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and allow to soak and absorb for 5-10 minutes, pressing down gently.
- Add in blueberries or fruit of choice (optional). Place mixture in a casserole baking dish or ramekins and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the middle puffs up and the custard is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Enjoy with someone you love.